- Areas of practice
- Awards & Honors
- Admitted to practice
- Professional memberships
- Teaching Experience
- Judicial Clerkship
For more than fifteen years, Christina has represented companies and individuals in a wide array of litigation in federal and state courts at the trial and appellate levels. She also represents clients in arbitrations and mediations. Christina focuses her practice on business disputes and professional malpractice defense. Christina also represents plaintiffs in multidistrict litigation proceedings (“MDL”) in antitrust matters. Her multi-cultural experiences have played a significant role in her representations in cross-border disputes involving clients, parties, and issues from countries, such as Colombia, Argentina, El Salvador, Mexico, Switzerland, the Bahamas, and South Korea. Christina takes pride in handling complex procedural and jurisdictional issues and questions of conflict of laws.
Christina is dedicated to imparting her legal and research writing skills to foreign attorneys. She has many years of experience teaching legal research and writing to candidates in the University of Miami School of Law’s Comparative Law LL.M. program. She also has crafted and taught legal writing courses to foreign in-house attorneys seeking to improve their English writing and communication skills.
Christina was born in Miami, Florida, and recently lived with her family in Geneva, Switzerland. Upon graduating from law school, Christina served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Alan S. Gold, United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida from 2000 through 2002.
Christina graduated summa cum laude with a B.A. from Florida International University in 1997, and summa cum laude and Order of the Coif with a J.D. from the University of Miami School of Law in 2000, where she served as the Executive Editor of the Law Review.
- University of Miami, J.D., summa cum laude, 2000
- Order of the Coif
- Executive Editor of the University of Miami Law Review
- Member, Moot Court Board
- Florida International University, B.A., summa cum laude, 1997
- University of Miami, Harvey T. Reid Scholar
- Florida International University Honors Program, Torch Award for Distinguished Alumnus
- Florida, 2000
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit, 2012
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 2015
- The Florida Bar
- International Law Section
- Trial Lawyers Section
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida, Ad Hoc Advisory Committee on Rules and Procedures
- International Arbitration and Litigation Committee, the Florida Bar
- International Association of Young Lawyers
- Cuban American Bar Association
- Executive Editor, University of Miami School of Law, Author: “Adjustment of Status for Alien Material Witnesses: Is It Coming Three Years Too Late?” 54 University of Miami Law Review 75 (Oct. 1999)
- Instructor, University of Miami School of Law, Legal Research and Writing, 2001 – present
- Fluent in Spanish
- Conversational in French
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Alan S. Gold, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2000–2002