- Areas of practice
- Awards & Honors
- Admitted to practice
- Professional memberships
- Reported Decisions
Robert D. W. Landon, III is a shareholder in the firm’s Miami office, which is only a few miles from where he grew up and attended Ransom Everglades School in nearby Coconut Grove.
Robert’s practice concentrates on resolving business disputes, conducting internal investigations, and responding to federal and state enforcement inquiries. He is honored to represent large public companies and owners of privately-held companies in healthcare, financial services, real estate, hospitality, professional sports, film distribution, software development, and other vital sectors. He has chaired and co-chaired numerous court cases and arbitrations through trials and to final judgments and final awards, including a federal court trial lasting over 90 days with hundreds of millions of dollars at stake.
He is admitted to practice before the bar in Florida and the District of Columbia, and all of the corresponding U.S. District Courts; the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit; and the U.S. Supreme Court. Robert is active in the Florida Bar (Civil Procedure Rules Committee, 2006-2012), and the Dade County Bar Association (Ad Hoc Committee on Establishment of Complex Business Litigation Section, 2006-2007; Banking and Corporate Litigation Committee, Co-Chair, 2007-2008). He is a member of the American Bar Association and its Business Law Section, and acts as the firm’s representative to other select international and local professional organizations.
A magna cum laude graduate of Harvard Law School, Robert returned home to South Florida to practice law and took on pro bono cases for victims of Hurricane Andrew. He remains committed to promoting legal access, and has been recognized by the Florida Supreme Court for his pro bono service through the Eleventh Judicial Circuit’s legal access program, “Put Something Back.” He is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review RatedSM by Martindale-Hubbell®, which is its highest possible peer review rating. He is listed in the national publication The Best Lawyers in America under Commercial Litigation.
- Harvard University, J.D., magna cum laude, 1992
- Board of Student Advisors
- Amherst College, B.A., cum laude, 1989
- Phi Beta Kappa
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review RatedSM by Martindale-Hubbell®
- The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, 2011 – present
- Outstanding Pro Bono Service Award, 2007
- Florida, 1992
- U.S. District Court, Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida, 1993
- District of Columbia, 1994
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia, 2006
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 1999
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2011
- The Florida Bar
- The District of Columbia Bar
- American Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association
- Homestead-Miami Speedway, LLC v. City of Miami, 828 So.2d 411 (Fla. 3d DCA 2002)
- Klay v. All Defendants, 389 F.3d 1191 (11th Cir. 2004)
- Colomar v. Mercy Hospital, Inc., 242 F.R.D. 671 (S.D. Fla. 2007)
- In re Basil Street Partners, LLC, 2014 WL 3563227 (Bankr. M.D. Fla. July 18, 2014)
- Conversant in German